Mahindra USA introduced eight new Tier IV compliant tractors at its National Dealer Meeting.
Highlighting the new additions is the eMax, a line of heavy-duty sub-compact tractors available in 22 and 24-horsepower iterations. Also new is the Max 24, which joins the existing Max series.
Mahindra has also expanded its larger utility tractor lineup to include the mPower 75. As well, Mahindra is adding two 50-horsepower tractors (3550 and 4550), a 55-horsepower tractor (5555) and a 65-horsepower tractor (4565).
All of the Mahindra tractors are expected to be available by January 2014 with the exception of the Max 24, which will be available in December 2013.
Each of the new tractors is Tier IV compliant while the mPower 75, 3550, 4550, 5555 and 4565 tractors all feature the diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC), unique to the Mahindra mCRD engine. The mCRD engine is a lower cost, low maintenance solution to meet the Tier IV emission standards. The DOC eliminates the diesel particulate filter resulting in no backpressure monitor or filter cleaning for greater protection.
“We are committed to investing in research and product development to expand the Mahindra product line and continually moving the brand forward,” says Mani Iyer, president, Mahindra USA. “Mahindra is the fastest growing tractor brand in North America because we deliver a quality product at a great value that repeatedly out-performs the market place.”
“These new tractors offer the superior performance and rugged reliability the brand is known for along with a best-in-class warranty to back it up,” says Cleo Franklin, vice president, marketing and strategic planning, Mahindra USA. “Push more, pull more, lift more is the intention in the design and development of each new Mahindra tractor. We are driven by our goal to meet and exceed the expectations of our dealers and customers.”
Mahindra eMax 22 and eMax 25 Features:
• Bigger tires for greater stability
• Heavier built-in weight at 1,540 for greater load capacity
• Twin pedal (side-by-side), HST transmission
• Best-in-class three-point lift capacity
• 75-inch high and 900-pound loader capability
• 22 HP has six forward and two reverse gears
• Xpress seat II
• Drive-over mower with fabricated deck, mid-mount and fast blade tip for a high-quality cut
Mahindra Tier IV Compliant mCRD Engine Features:
• High pressure fuel injection engine greatly reduces visible engine smoke
• Multiple injection points for fuel efficiency with greener emissions including a reduction in NOx and Particulate Matter (PM)
• Diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) after treatment system that does not require regeneration
• High-efficiency positive crankcase ventilation (PCV) technology to capture and clean gases from the combustion chamber before releasing them into the environment