While taking your tractor to a qualified mechanic is sometimes unavoidable, that isn’t always the case. John Deere has put together a checklist for its Compact Utility Tractor owners who can’t get their tractors to start.
1000 or 2000 Series
Check to see if:
• (1000 Series) The two-speed range lever is in the correct position.
• (2000 Series) The transmission range shift lever is in the proper position.
• The PTO/RIO switch is disengaged.
• The engine throttle lever is pushed forward.
• The fuel shut-off valve is closed or “off.” If so, open it.